Friday, February 26, 2010

Five on Friday

I have several friends who post "Five on Friday" facts. I thought I would give it a try.... Here are five facts about the Mills' life on Friday:
  • Today is Friday. I made it through another week. I have for the first time in MONTHS have no obligatory/mandatory plans this weekend. We are getting together with friends of ours for dinner Saturday, for fun.
  • I ALMOST slept through the night last night. I woke up once. It was incredible. I woke up after what I THOUGHT was HOURS, fully rested, only to find out it was 1:00 a.m. I felt like the world had given me a gift of another full night's rest.
  • Today I am one day closer to labor and delivery - and for right now, I am very "at peace" with the whole process. Even though it WILL be painful and even though it will be worth it, I feel very at ease with the entire Labor and Delivery process. ASK ME AGAIN AS I AM IN LABOR...I am certain my answer will change. Right now, I worry more about how by baby is growing. I pray for him to be healthy and happy, and have a quick recovery from the trauma that must be on their end of delivery.
  • I had a "mother moment" with both of my dogs this week. I was told that dogs need time to adjust to a new baby - I thought this happened AFTER the baby got here. Brodie (who is five) and Millie (who is four) have both had accidents in the house this week AND Brodie bit me yesterday. Yes, it was an accident that he bit me, but it has never happened before. I had to sit down with both of them and yell at them....then love on them and tell them everything was going to be okay - BUT DON'T DO IT AGAIN. Is that considered mixed messages?? Should I work on my approach before Noah gets here???
  • Finally, If you know me at all - you know I live off TO-DO lists. I have started one for my spring break week.... After I finished writing down the preliminary list of things to do that week, I realized Spring Break needs to be two weeks long. I am going to clean out our office to turn it into Noah's room, have the carpet's cleaned, finish our wedding album (Yes, we did get married 2.5 years ago), start the baby album, shop for weddings and showers coming up. ( They need gifts, and I need outfits - best of both worlds!!), and a few others that are not coming to me right away - which is why I write everything down!!

I hope my five on Friday finds you doing well! Have a fantastic weekend! I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment