Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sunday - Day Four: Memorial Day Weekend

Sunday, our longest day in San Antonio, was spend sightseeing and walking all around the city. We started at the Alamo (and thank goodness, for our tour on the river. I know more than I ever have about the Battle of the Alamo!) After seeing how long the lines are, many of us opted to go to The Plaza Wax Museum and Ripley's Believe it or Not!
The museum was filled with (not so flattering replicas) of famous folks. I was able to have a sit-down with Oprah. She and I gabbed the afternoon away talking about how to save the world, one "Oprah's Give Away" at a time. We talked about Getting Chelsea Handler's most recent book on the Oprah's book club list - Ms. Winfrey doesn't care for my ideas much...but she smiled the whole time we were talking. How nice of her.
After visiting with Oprah, Cullen and I strolled over to visit David Letterman. Cullen helped him read his Top Ten List. We told Mr. Letterman that he is looking a little pale these days. Him and Cullen are going to take a leisurely stroll down the riverwalk, talk politics and try to get Dave some color.
Shortly after Cullen returned from his walk with Dave, Arnold (I am writing it with an accent, please read it accordingly) gave Cullen a sweet pair of glasses and a flesh colored gun (see picture below) to help him fight the good fight. We left Arnold quickly. Cullen was out of energy after walking Dave. After our power meeting with Oprah, Dave and Arnold, we visited the Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum. HOW INCREDIBLE - and mostly hard to believe. Court (Cullen's brother) and Cullen posed with the World's Tallest Man. Sure makes these two boys seem like little nuggets. For reference, both the Mills' brothers stand roughly at 6'3ish and 6'4ish. WOWZA. This poor guy.
After visiting with the tall gentleman, I sat inside the world's largest working tire. SHEESH, this thing was huge. I could almost stand on the inside. I bet someone 5' tall could stand inside with no problems. This thing was huge!! I would like to see the car this sucker fits onto.


After a long day, the family met for a great dinner at Texas Land and Cattle. We ate, and ate, .....and ate the whole trip. Thank goodness it is one of our favorite time-passers. (See the next blog appropriately titled: We started our diet.) After dinner, we went to a cigar bar. I love the way cigars smell - am I crazy. Many of us just sat around and enjoyed the company of those smoking on the stogies. Others got their groove on across the river at a dance club. (Oddly enough, I didn't participate in the dancing... not sure what got into me).

This trip was such a great trip. The Mills' Family Reunion is one of my most favorite annual events. This year marked my 6th reunion to attend. I can't believe one) that this is my 6th reunion; and two) how lucky I am to have married into such an amazing family!

No comments:

Post a Comment