Saturday, August 30, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Thank you Sara. This was super.
1. I love my family.
2. I have two wonderful dogs, Brodie and Millie
3. My top 3 favorite movies are Grease, Good Will Hunting, and A League of their Own. If they are on, I will stop what I am doing, and finish watching them.
4. Alphabetical order is the best order.
5. I’m a planner. In fact, my planner is color coded.
6. I quote movies and bust out in rap songs daily.
7. I bleed Blue and Blue. (www.kappakappagamma.org )
8. Short of a natural disaster, I will never move away from Texas.
9. I dance wildly and sing loud in my car, regardless if I have company with me.
10. My favorite colors are kelly green and that funny color blue crayon that no one can pronounce.
11. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving followed by birthdays.
12. I fall asleep to Nick at Night every night.
13. I have had the same best friend since second grade and I love her more than she will ever know!
14. I struggle with people who are not on time.
15. I hyperventalate if I am late…and if it is a family function – it is worse.
16. Hands down, my favorite food is queso.
17. I cry every time I watch The Notebook.
18. I used to eat top ramen with cheese in a cup.
19. I daydream about my future; babies, new houses, life. BUT, I actively work everyday to reach my dreams.
20. At one point in my life, I was obsessed with Matt Damon (to the point where someone should have committed me.)
21. I’m saving up to go to Ireland.
22. I crave Ramen Noodles weekly.
23. I check my email every 7 seconds.
24. My neice and nephew call me Stinky. Well, so does my whole family.
25. Shoes are a weakness.
26. I will celebrate my one year anniversary to the most wonderful man on September 15th.
27. I pass the time by watching Lifetime Movies. (not a recommendation.)
28. I anxiously await for Army Wives on Sunday nights.
29. I dye my hair regularly.
30. I love musicals. I LOVE musicals. I should have been in a musical.
31. I pretend like I enjoy working out.
32. I wear a rainbow, glow-in-the-dark retainer at night.
33. I am counting down the days until Pushing Daisies starts again on ABC.
34. I wear two pieces of jewelry daily – my wedding ring and a ring my mom gave me in highschool.
35. Itry my hardest to not watch national news.
36. I wish I could take naps every day.
37. I pray that I have twins one day.
38. I love sending snail mail.
39. I very rarely drink soda.
40. I love that my husband is a learner;
41. If I had it my way, I would wear mascara and Softlips Chapstick only.
42. I am working on my Masters at UT. HOOK ‘EM.
43. I hate doing the dishes.
44. I hate laundry more.
45. I want to live near water; and retire near a big body of water.
46. I’m allergic to cats and dust.
47. I wish I could adopt or own Boston Terriers forever.
48. I think the smell of coffee is intoxicating.
49. I read way too many gossip magazines and blogs.
50. People Magazine is not a Gossip Magazine.
51. One day, I hope my grandkids call me NaNa.
52. In a past life, I was a back-up doo-wop dancer.
53. My parents have given me more that I can imagine.
54. My brother and sister think that I think I am a princess
55. I wish as a kid, I played more sports.
56. I truly believe my friends are beautiful inside and out.
57. I wish my sister and I were closer earlier in our lives.
58. I thank God everyday for my brothers and sisters.
59. I am ticklish.
60. Nothing makes me happier than to laugh until I cry.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
After what sounds like a rumble with a fierce lion, Cullen sulks out of the bedroom and says, "I lost it." Which was promptly followed with, "Well, you better get back in there and find it!" I patted him on the behind, like an encouraging coach and sent him back into battle. I perched in attack-mode on the bed - just in case it was hiding within the folds of the bed...
Cullen, on all fours with tissues in his hand - holding the DEAD GECKO - pops up and the following conversation ensues:
"Well, now I feel bad. I killed him."
"Why do you feel bad again?"
"Because I killed a living creature. He didn't need to die. I was just going to scoop him up and put him outside. Now he is dead."
"AND I AM GOING TO SLEEP LIKE A BABY!!"
"Well, I feel bad."
"I don't. You are on your own there, partner. I am going to sleep hard. GOODNIGHT!"
Sure enough, I slept like a rock. Thanks to MY protector! That is just another reason, I love him!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
NOW, I WORRY! Recently, Cullen and I have had some unwanted guests vacationing in our home. In the past, I politely required Cullen to capture our new UNWANTED friends and put them outside where they belong. Two days ago, Sunday, I was cleaning my house, including emptying a suitcase from recent travel. From within the depths of the suitcase, this gecko (which was as big as a newborn horse) popped out at me like an tightly wound Jack-In-the-Box...Well, THAT PUT AN END TO CLEANING THAT SUIT CASE. To make matters worse, Cullen wasn't home. Paralyzed in fear, not knowing what to do, I was being held captive IN MY OWN HOME by a man-eating lizard.
That night, I didn't sleep. I knew the minute I closed my eyes, the gecko was going to sneak-attack the bed and eat me alive. I am almost positive that geckos are man-eaters...and I am CERTAIN they can smell fear! Every time a hair on my head moved, every time the sheets adjusted, every time Cullen moved around, I had worked myself up to believe it was the gecko, doubling in size with every minute he was alive, was somewhere in the bed, waiting for the perfect moment to attack. I prayed I could live to see the light of Monday morning.
Monday comes, and it was a great day. I had a wonderful workout; Cullen took me to dinner; and there are no thoughts of geckos...Until I walked into my own personal Hell. I walked into my bedroom to put up my shoes (Cullen and I are working on keeping the house clean) and that is when IT happened. A gecko crawled across my foot. I yelled, scratched that, let out an ear piercing scream only heard in horror movies. Brodie, Millie and Cullen come into the room to find me on the bed standing on my tip tip toes, in panic mode, to get as far away from that lizard as possible. I check my clothes with a fury, in case the lizard used my toes as a spring board onto my body. I have Cullen put up my shoes (in case the lizard jumped into my shoes), grab my flip-flops and we leave the house. After picking up a movie, we get home and I pull out Raid Spray (which now sits on my night stand), and pull out the "around the house" spray. As a preventative method, we spray the windows and doors quarterly to keep UNWANTED pests away. The preventative bug spray is for ants, roaches, crickets and spiders. I am almost sure the maker of this spray just forgot to add "KILLS GECKOS". I sprayed every door crack, opened the doors and sprayed the doorways and parts of the sidewalk to really really drive the point home. If it is possible for geckos to read, I would put up a sign in my yard, or a sign on my door that reads " NO SOLICITING - NO GECKOS!"
To end, I took two Benadryl to aid my ability to fall asleep; only woke up twice last night to make sure the Raid was in reach and to double check I was still alive. I really need counseling.