Sunday, March 28, 2010

Nesting.

Nesting, defined as the basic and uncontrollable urge to clean your house, and generally go crazy doing all sorts of things that will prepare the 'nest' for the new member of the family. I GOT IT. I AM DEFINITELY NESTING.

Is it too soon to be nesting?? Everything I have read says this is a sure sign that labor is just around the corner. I hope by "just around the corner" the experts mean 7-8 weeks away. Today, I woke up feeling the need to clean. I, who would almost always rather sleep in, and cuddle with my Love Bug and the puppies, got up, cleaned around the kitchen while Cullen cooked breakfast, emptied the dish washer, helped Cullen clean up breakfast, ran the dishwasher, emptied the dishwasher, did laundry, bleached the counter tops in the kitchen, washed all of Noah's clothes, burp clothes, bibs, wash clothes, socks, everything. I wiped down all of his furniture, cleaned up and sterilized his bottles. I rearranged a cabinet in the kitchen just for Noah's bottles, formula, dishes, etc.

We went out of the house for a while today. When we got back it was back to cleaning. After dinner, I helped clean the kitchen, wiping down and disinfecting the kitchen table for the third time today. I put more of Noah's stuff away. I rearranged the drawers in his room because I was have drawer-stocking remorse.

Sheesh. I don't have the energy to keep up this pace for the next 7-8 weeks. Let's hope this nesting was a weekend phase, and leaves me alone for a few weeks. Otherwise, Cullen is in for a real shock...a wife that cleans all the time. He may need therapy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment