Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Stats at "38" Weeks

Hello All. Wow, this blog entry is a little bittersweet to write. It is my last stats blog entry. It is one of the final blog posts with out a baby. This time next week, God (and King's Daughters Hospital) permitting, I will have a baby boy resting on my chest!!

Here are the stats from this week's appointment:
Fetal Age: 37 Weeks, 5 Days.
Total Weight Gained: 24.5 Pounds. Yes you read that right. I have LOST 1.5 pounds. If you are wondering, NO, I have not stopped eating. No I have not changed my eating habits. Still eating as though I was an professional Offensive Lineman (ala Michael Oher).
What's the tummy measuring: Unsure. She measured, but didn't share her results with me.
Dilation: 3.5 cm. (okay.... at least we aren't working backwards anymore.)
Effacing: Somewhere between 80 - 90% She (the Doctor) says this is going to make L&D super easy. JACKPOT.

Update on Inducing: It's official. I will be induced at 5:00 a.m. next Tuesday morning. We will go in and start pitocen EARLY, break my water at 8:00 a.m. and HOPE to have the baby here by lunch time (doctor's time frame....). Doctor says, worst case scenario - baby will be here by 3:00 or 4:00 p.m. Easy, easy... right?

I promise, for those who are following, to update the blog or facebook throughout the day. Many of you have asked me to do so. I promise I will.

Here is to a happy last child-free weekend.

Let's end with a prayer:
Dear Lord: Thank you for this wonderful miracle. Thank you for the easy pregnancy. I am putting all my faith in you to be with me through this last week. Grace me with a relatively easy delivery. Be with Noah as he enters this world. I ask all of this in your name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment