Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankful..

Yes, I am jumping on the "November-Thanksgiving-Thankful-For" bandwagon. Each day, between now and Thanksgiving, I will list one thing I am thankful for. Let's catch up....

1. I am thankful for my wonderful husband. He has changed my world, given me the very best, treats me like a queen and makes me smile very day. He blessed me with my most prized possession... which brings me to:

2. My dear baby. My little sugar lights up my life, brings me joy and happiness every day! He makes me cherish life's big and small moments. He makes every day a challenge and a pleasure.

3. I am thankful for my immediate family. My parents made me who I am. My mother is my rock; she exudes what it means to be able to do it all. She faces challenges head on, and never breaks a sweat. She lives life fully and is determined to make the most of life, always! What an inspiration. My Daddy can do it all, with an incredible amount of ease. He sees life through optimistic lenses and makes me laugh every time we talk. More than anything, he has shown me HOW to love. He loves my mother and loves our family more than any one person could. He walks on water, and is my hero! My sister and her family, and my little brother are so very unique and hold a very central part of my heart. I have the lucky spot to be the middle child, to have an older sister to follow and a younger brother to lead!

4. I am so very blessed with an incredible in-law family. I dreamed growing up that I would have an in-law family that I could see as my very own. That is exactly what I have. My mother and father in law have taken me as their own - treating me as a part of their family from the very beginning. I know that regardless of situation, I could call on either one and they would be there for me. They have blessed Cullen and I with a faithful and successful marriage to follow. My brother in law and sister in law are wonderful. They are kind, and considerate. How much better do I get to have them both!

5. I am thankful for my situation. I am a young, married, woman with a successful job, a home I own, and a life I created with my husband that I am very proud of.

6. I am thankful for my best friend. She has been my other half since 1991. We were on the phone last night, talking about how we have been together for 20 years. 20 YEARS! That is longer than most marriages. She and I have been through it all. She knows everything about me. She is smart, kind, caring, loving, HYSTERICALLY SARCASTIC, and determined. She knows what she wants and goes for it. She lives life to the fullest and has a certain charisma about her that makes you WANT to be her friend. You should count your blessings if you are her friend. I count myself among the luckiest - she is my best friend. Double Burger...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Someone else on the thankful bandwagon. :) I love your first 6!

    ReplyDelete