Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A tribute to our "Celebrity of the Week"

There are defining moments in life. Moments that take place, and you know life will never be the same again. One of these moments happened for me January 22, 2001 - the birth of my favorite niece, Brittany Elizabeth Hamner. Let's travel back in time just a little. Take a journey with me.

I remember it like it was yesterday - Mom and Dad are picking me up from summer camp in June, 2000. After I tell my parents every...single....minute....little detail of camp, she says to me, "Well, it's been a busy week while you were gone. I got in a head-on collision in the corvette, Aunt Stinky."..... It took me several seconds before I realized just what she had just told me. BURSTING INTO TEARS, I didn't know what to ask first. Is she okay? Is the car okay? WHAT MY SISTER IS PREGNANT!!??!! I am going to be an Aunt!!!!


Six months later, I am waiting for the call. The call from my sister and brother-in-law, Curt, to tell me my precious niece is here. I am sitting in the cafeteria during lunch and the call came. Welcome to this world, Brittany Hamner. God blessed this world with you, our little Butterbean.

The last seven years have been extraordinary moments in time. Moments with Brittany vividly stand still - and will forever. I thank my lucky stars every day for you, my little Brittany Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment