Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tis The Season...

One of the blogs I read regularly, encouraged us to share our Christmas traditions. I love Christmas. A part of what I love about Christmas, is the traditions built in generation by generation. In my family, Christmas starts the day after Thanksgiving, where my mom and her aunts brave the shopping madness to purchase gifts that will go under the tree. Christmas music christens the radio stations and Christmas lights are strung. If you have ever been to my parent's house at Christmas time, you will understand this correctly: My mom has collected enough Christmas decorations to make it appear as though we live at the North Pole.

Christmas eve is spent with my dad's extended family in Neiderwald, Texas (know where that is? Don't blink!!) Santa comes and visits all of the little kiddo's then we all scurry off to our own houses to fall asleep so Santa can come visit us!! Christmas morning, I have to talk myself into staying in bed past 6:30 a.m. (yes, I am 25; yes, I still wake up early on Christmas morning anxiously awaiting present time!) By 7:00 a.m. I am up, and "trying to be quiet enough not to wake the family".

Christmas morning, starts with stockings STUFFED with trinkets, followed by wayyyy too many great gifts from Santa and our immediate family. Everyone helps clean up and mom cooks an outstanding HUGE breakfast.

I love Christmas. It is a joyful, family-filled holiday season made with love and tradition. I can't wait to bring our Peanut into our family traditions, as well as start our own as the (cullen) Mills' Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment