Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dear Noah:

{Yes, this is my second blog entry this morning, and yes, it is 5:34 a.m. I woke up thinking about my baby. I woke up thinking about 1000 different things. I have been doing this a ton lately. I have been texting myself small notes in the middle of the night so I don't forget things AND so I can go back to sleep.}

I have wanted to write a letter to Noah for quite some time. I want him to know how blessed I feel already that God trusts me enough to be his mommy. Cullen and I feel so special to having not only made his this life, but now get to raise him in a loving, God fearing home.

One of my favorite things right now is feeling him move. Yes, Noah has been moving and kicking for a while. I remember feeling him for the first time. I remember crying the first time Cullen felt Noah kick. It was our first moment of feeling like a family.

Now, he moves around; he is big enough to feel on both sides of my tummy. He rolls around and pushes on my tummy. I feel hard knots on the outside of my tummy; baby parts...as if I am growing an alien. Nothing makes me smile bigger than to hold my tummy and watch/feel my baby move around.

When people ask me what my favorite part of pregnancy is, I will forever tell them, "feeling Noah move around." Cullen thinks it is so weird to feel him squirm, as most men do. I can't wait until Cullen gets to hold his son, and Noah can squirm on Cullen instead of my inside my tummy. I think that will be my favorite moment, post pregnancy.

I will start working on that letter to Noah... I hope I can get to it - not because I will not find time, but because I am not sure I can find the words to tell him exactly how I feel about him joining our family. He already personifies perfection, and I haven't even met him.

No comments:

Post a Comment