Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Guess I Can't Blame It On Pregnancy Anymore...

I forgot I locked the garage this morning. I forgot to put the house key back on my key chain....

Rewind three years. I am N-O-T-O-R-I-O-U-S for locking my keys in my car, in my house, basically anywhere they are of no use! When we lived in Pflugerville, I locked my keys in my car, while it was running - all because I needed to check the mail. I can count at least 20 times I have locked my keys in my car or locked myself out of the house in the last two years...

Fast forward to this morning. My **NEW** HOUSE is foolproof. I have 6 keys to the house. Yes, six keys. When we closed, we were given four, and over the weekend I made two. At closing, the realtor asked for my key to compare to the set of keys she had in her bag - she didn't want to give me the wrong ones. Well, once returned to me, I didn't put the key back on my key chain. When I left the house this morning, I locked the house up, as usual, without a key. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!??? It's as if I enjoy torturing myself!!

Last night, we gave a key to my father-in-law. Guess where I went this morning with a very loud, very hungry baby this morning?? All the way across town, to get Billy's spare key!! Dangit!

Don't worry, after I got the baby fed and asleep, I took the next 10 minutes to hide keys around the outside of the house and in the garage so that this little situation doesn't happen again!!

Sorry, Cullen. You did marry a dummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment