Monday, February 2, 2009

Flemings -

It is a well known fact, when Cullen and I go out to eat, we WILL get bad service. Not for any particular reason - we just will get bad service. This little fact has been proving itself true for years now. WELL, folks the time has come. It is the dawning of a new era. (I think that is a line from a Lion King song...)

Saturday evening, we went to Flemings Steakhouse with Cullen's parents. Our server greeted us, was prompt with bringing our drinks, offered specials not on the menu AND when we needed some serious modifications to some dishes for dietary reasons, he was more than accommodating. To further our already delightful service, the Manager on Duty made it around to our table to welcome us, and check on everything. (To which we responded with, "everything is great. Thanks"... you know, the usual generic answer.)
With a keen eye, he noticed Cullen's steak was cooked 'well-done". Without saying anything, he walked away from our table. Minutes later, the same man walked back up to our table and said to Cullen, "I noticed your steak was cooked well-done, and you ordered your steak medium. I am so sorry; Can I get you a new steak?" Cullen politely declined, again saying his food was great. The steak was still good." With that, and one more apology from the manager, we finished our dinner and continued with great company.
Our bill arrives; we pay and upon our server returning with the paid slip, he says, "I don't know if you noticed, but my manager took the steak off, because it was not cooked to his liking." WHAT????????????????? Cullen and I, who always receive bad service, don't know what to do! It was a phenomenon we have need witnessed before - good, EXCELLENT service. I was so impressed.

I would absolutely recommend Flemings Steakhouse to anyone. Beyond the amazing connection from kitchen to plate, the service is incredible and the food is out of this world.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto!! Matt and I went there for Valentine's day last year. It was so good!!

    ReplyDelete