Thursday, September 24, 2009

The things you do for your baby....

All moms have said "I would do ANYTHING for my child". I found that hard to believe at times. Really....you would do ANYTHING for your child. riigghht..... Well, six weeks into pregnancy and I know the feeling. Due to some school situations, I told my Vice Principal at work that I am pregnant. She responded with - "Go get the flu shot." This could have been the worst news she could have given me. I hate shots. I hate needles. I hate the whole process. Literally, anxiety builds up inside me, I get sweaty, and I cry every time I need to get a shot. But, like a good mom, I will do anything for my child. I immediately went to the doctor, sat down and got a flu shot. Did I cry? Of course. Did I hate it? Did I sweat and wretch around like a two year-old? You bet. Have I been on my deathbed sick for two days - you got it! Was it worth it? Was it worth it to make Peanut safe from the flu?? It was worth every second of sickness, if it meant she/he was protected. Turns out it's true. Moms really will do anything for their child.

(You are welcome Peanut. Mommy loves you - so much she will get a shot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment