Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pregnancy Dreaming.

My good friend, Danielle, has blogged and told me about some VIVID dreams since she has been pregnant. Holy mother of dreaming, she is right! Not only am I having dreams that NO one should have, they are crystal clear and I can remember them for days. I have NEVER been able to remember my dreams past the two minutes after my alarm goes off and I get out of bed.

Now, good luck getting rid of these dreams. Here are the two recent:

1. A couple nights ago, I had a dream I went to the OB to have an ultrasound. It was a regular check-up. We were going to hear the heartbeat, ask questions and be on our way. For this appointment, she had to perform the sonogram on my back through my spine. (Weird, but okay.) We started the sonogram, she put that cold goop on my back and started to run the wand around to find the heartbeat. However, instead of finding the heartbeat, she was able to tell me (through pictures she was getting in her head from the sonogram)the sex of our baby. She turned the machine on where I could see the baby on the monitor and through the monitor, I was able to see Cullen's and my future. We had three children who were all playing TOGETHER (without arguing) around our pool... I woke up quickly, but I'm excited to see if my dream baby and my real baby are the same sex!

2. Last night's dream: I was in Dallas at Schlitterbahn (yes, Schlitterbahn had moved to Dallas. I was there with a group of people I went to high school with*. (weird #1: In high school, I didn't hang out with this group regularly). I had just left Cullen through a note, which read: "Dear Cullen, due to the unfortunate scene I have witnessed, I have no choice but to leave. Do not contact me, I cannot be persuaded." As I walked through Schlitterbahn, I contemplated life, marriage, and babies. I was so far away from achieving life, marriage, and babies (which I have to assume means Cullen and I were not happy, married, and expecting a baby). The rest of the details are fuzzy...but the walls on one of the rides told me that I would be married at 32 and I would have children by 38. Super.

Moral of the silly stories: I am so glad these are just dreams. Although I would love to be able to see my future, see how many kids we have and that they all get along, nothing makes me happier than where I am right now. Married. In love. Expecting a perfect little baby. I have the best family, and I couldn't ask for better in-laws.

I have to disagree with Cinderella; dreams are not a wish your heart makes when your fast asleep. My dreams come true every day.

*Mom, before you comment, I do realize I ended this sentence with a preposition...I couldn't figure out how to change the sentence for it to make sense. Let's let it slide this one time. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you don't dream that you are carrying your infant through the hospital in a plastic bag!

    I had some crazy first and second trimester dreams, but after I found out the sex, they subsided... :)

    So fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete