Friday, June 3, 2011

Lemons...

It really is the small things in life that make the big differences. When God gives you lemons, make lemonade. Isn't that how the saying goes?

I recently decided I want a fruit tree. My dear friend, Jenny, has a key lime tree and a couple lemon trees. I envy her fruit trees. I watch her little limes pop up and wish I could go home and check on my key limes. I can't. I don't have a fruit tree.

WELL, guess what?? Cullen gave into my annoying pangs of jealousy. He bought me a lemon tree...er, a lemon bush - not quite a tree, yet. THEN, I learned it often takes a season before we will really get any lemons on a tree. {Did you hear my heart sink??} Me? The one who does not believe in differed gratification? (Thanks, Mom). I have to wait till this time next year before I have a genuine lemon??

...Nope! Not me! Guess who's lemon tree has baby lemon's sprouting??? MINE! That is who's. I am such a proud fruit tree mom!


See, it really is the small things in life that make me smile.

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure those are lemon sprouts? Perhaps it's just blooms right now? I think the fruit and the blooms "bloom" seperate... I could be 100% wrong. Who am I to burst your bubble, er, lemon.

    ReplyDelete