Sunday, August 14, 2011

Be Encouraged.

**Note, this is an emotionally heavier than usual post.**

Recently, I have been approached by friends with heavy burdened hearts. Something in their life just isn't right. One's husband is having heath concerns, another's sister is moving in because of heartbreak. I have a friend who is struggling with family matters - deep, painful family matters. Do you want to know the commonality? They asked me for words of encouragement. 

A side note, I was sitting in church this morning, surprisingly not interested in what our guest preacher was preaching about. Instead, I opened my Bible and had a mini-lesson of my own. I turned to several verses in the Bible and read about strength, friendship and encouragement. When church was over, Cullen and I picked up Noah from the nursery and went to lunch. I told Cullen about my non-attentive bible study of my own and didn't about it much after. As it turns out, God was preparing me for a conversation later in my day. I was asked casually by a friend to keep her encouraged. Pass along words of encouragement regularly was her request...possibly even hourly; don't let her get discouraged at a time that it would be all too easy. Thank you God, for letting my ears be open to your words. 
I read this verse earlier today, and want to share it with a mini, but heavy, message. Be encouraged; stay encouraged. Lift yourself up and boost others.

Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Erin---- that was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our lesson yesterday was on that very verse, and I found a lot of promise and hope in it as well. It's awesome how God will speak to us if we'll just get out of His way and let Him.
    Keep being a good and encouraging friend. Those you mentioned are lucky to have you in their lives, because you have such an uplifting spirit.

    ReplyDelete