Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer Is Here. ..

Summer is here. This makes me so happy. It fills my heart with joy for so many reasons. Let's be honest - I am a teacher. I am most happy for summer for the extended break from small children...however, I am filled with joy because I get to spend my summer with my stinker. We get to make new memories. We get to sleep in...well, at least sleep past my dreaded 5:30 a.m. alarm clock. We get to make plans with friends. We get to do whatever we want. We can pick up and go to Austin if we want. ALL BECAUSE IT IS SUMMER, and we can! 

This is my last summer as a mom of one.  This is met with bittersweet emotions. While I am thrilled to bring home our newest addition to our little family - these last two years have been just Cullen, me and Toot. Our little family of three works. It is easy. He is easy. He and I can pack up the car and go... no mess, no fuss - most of the time... I will make the most of this summer. I will make all the memories I can, and capture as much as possible on film. Because, next summer, it will be me, Toot and Little one. Wow. It is hard to even think about. 


BUT, in a seemingly {recent} pattern...let's catch up on life. 

Last weekend, we met Cullen's family at T Bar M for the annual Elliott Family Reunion. As always, it was wonderful. It was laid back, full of family fun and catching up with family from afar. We played games, we played, we ate great food. It was just delightful. Here are some pictures from our evening of "Minute To Win It"

Nicky Paul playing against Buck!

Buck being cheered on by Shana!

Cullen and Garren had to catch wiffle balls using lint rollers!

The Chocolate Unicorn - Tana, Bev and Don had to stack 7 ding-dongs on their forehead.

{look...preggo belly} Emily and I had to balance an egg on top of a football.

Shana and Lauren had to throw tea bags onto the bill of a hat worn by their husbands.

The husbands wearing said hats, catching tea bags!

Clint and Scott balancing dice on a popsicle stick!

Carol and Tutu stacking and balancing baby blocks on a plate on their head.

Skyler and Gigi knocking soda cans down with a yo-yo!

Natalie and Niesha sucking up M&Ms and transferring them to different cups. Look at Niesha's game face!

Taylor and Robyn bobbing their heads to see who could "walk" the farthest - measured by a pedometer on their head.

Billy and Dustin shaking a full box of wiffle balls until the box is empty to the tune of  Sir Mix Alot's "I like Big Butts".

Just look at these two.. so funny!
We had a such a great time. There are TONS more pictures, but they aren't as great as these family photos! 

We came home Sunday, and immediately went to the Durbin's house for a little Slip N' Sliding fun with Noah's best friend Kylie! Check out these gems - 


Look at these kid's faces... pure joy!

Happiness starts with friends.

Our little froggy, K!

Look at her slip n' sliding skills.

His Sn'S skills are still being perfected.

He kept falling... so, we worked on careful walking!

Taking a break from Sn'S to play in the pool at the end.

The dads got involved. Look at their faces.

Just happy. Noah waited for Kylie at the end of each Sn'S run. When she would get down to him, they would run back together! So perfect.

They were in LOVE.
See...still waiting on her!

A picture of the dads helping from another angle.

Slip N' Sliding crash and burn.

The kids got out the boogie boards. This made Slip N' Sliding fast!

Just having a blast!

Ready. Set. Go!!!!!!

Jury is still out on who had more fun - the parents watching or the kiddos playing. We it was the perfect way to end an outstanding, exhausting weekend. 

It also was the best way to begin the LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment